CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It's Been A While

It's been a while.  Almost 5 years. 

Reviewing old blogs reminds of the exciting place I was in way back in 2011, anticipating my next move.  Where would I go?  What would I do next?  How would I realize my dreams in education and ministry?  Well, Haiti called and I answered.  Indianapolis did too and I answered.  I've spent the last 4 and a half years living in Indianapolis, earning a teaching license and a building level administrator license.  (Principal Witherspoon will soon be an appropriate title.) I've also managed to find my way back to Haiti and teach amazing children in 4 distinct school models locally.  Along the way I got fired and hired. I've cried, laughed, become an aunt, made some friends, survived Indy's crazy winters, and developed an unshakeable faith.  It is this faith in God that has kept me sane and sustained.  Throughout all of my triumphs and trials God has kept me.  He has faithfully encouraged and nourished me, pushing and pulling me forward on this predestined path.  And that is what brings me back here. 

While praying about what was next in my life God told me to restart my blog.  I expected something more profound.  (I did hear other things too like resume volunteering in the juvenile justice system.  I started discipling girls in the Marion Co. Juvenile Detention Center last year.  Please join me in prayer for them.) But, yeah, God told me to restart my blog.  I have some suspicions as to why, but only He knows all.  I trust Him and I know that I have many stories to tell.  Principally His, evidenced through my own.  But, yeah, I'm back to writing.  While I cannot tell you the direction I'll take, I can tell you that I'm excited to see where this familiar leg of my race leads.  I have a post ready for publishing immediately following this brief re-introduction entitled, "Focus Forward." As always, I hope it inspires, comforts, and challenges. 

I appreciate all of your support and pray God's best for you including the courage it takes to follow His directions, no matter how grand or seemingly trivial. Follow God. 

Bon voyage...

0 comments: