CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 10, 2017

I Am Packing By Faith

...believing that God is going to send me somewhere sunny and beachy.  I need a vacation and I strongly desire to participate in an international missions trip...and today, I don't have the money.  So, I must pack by faith.  God knows the desires of my heart.  He knows that I've applied to a prestigious international fellowship for teachers and been turned down twice.  He's seen me Google countless vacation packages with only a window shopping budget.  The only thing I haven't done is pack by faith.

In college, God put in on my heart to maintain a packed bag as an act of faith that He would routinely and spontaneously send me on missions trips.  Ridiculously, I've never done it.  Unfortunately, I've used the fledgling state of my finances as an excuse for not packing (which can mean buying) immediately ...until I took care of more urgent things like rent and car payments.  Desperately and finally, today I'm writing the vision and making it plain.  Somehow, someway, I believe that God is going to send me on a dually-purposed trip.  I'll be gone for 10-14 days this summer, spending 1 week on the mission field and 1 week basking in the glory of His creation.  None of this will interfere with my school schedule.  He will make it beautiful in its time. I will pack by faith and not by sight.

0 comments: